Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happyness is a cold, dead Stormtrooper

I haven't been excited for a video game since the Wii came out with the new Super Smash Brothers game. Granted, though I wasnt disappointed with the game (it's still a favorite in my circle of miscreants. Apparently, its great to play stoned.), the system itself proved to be a major let-down. What with the wonky motion sensors, and Nintendo's strange, zealous focus on gimmicky games based on looking like an idiot as opposed to games based on story and skill, and more peripheral attachments than Batman's utility belt, the whole deal seems to add up to a large waste of money.

But. There is hope. It comes in the form of The Force: Unleashed, which comes out today. At last I can satisfy my Sithly urges and throw things at people from afar with the force. Crushing people with TIE Fighters? I'm there. Working for Darth Vader? I don't even need benefits. I'll intern with the motherfucker. Killing everyone I come across? ...Erm, I do this already in all my other games... But hey, now I can do it in style!

I get my copy delivered on Friday (supposedly). I'd thought it came out friday until just this morning, when my friend pointed out it comes out today, which means I misled myself and had read the shipping date for the game and thought it was the release date. I get it three days sooner! W00tz!!1!

Anyways, this seems to be the begining of a parade of good games to come, like the new Spiderman game, Web of Shadows, which I might actually overlook my hatred of Spiderman to play, now that I see a decent combat system in play. And Left 4 Dead looks like it'll be quite the party game - if, of course, you have four-person parties.

And Fallout 3. That will be good. I hold Oblivion as an example, and contest the nay-sayers that Elder Scrolls 4 was a good game. Screw you people, I can't wait to kill some poor, radiation-addled, mutated sons of bitches.

No comments: